When I first learned about the burger, I had high hopes. I am quite fond of teriyaki sauce, and combined with McChicken, I felt there was something awesome in the making. Unfortunately, I found out otherwise.
On the whole the burger was....ok at best (perhaps I had too high an expectation). My greatest grievance was that the teriyaki sauce failed to mix with the mayonnaise. Pretty disappointing when the key ingredient that you pretty much bought the burger for fails to mix with the rest. The chicken was nothing spectacular, but then, it is McDonald's. More or less, it was simply an overpriced McChicken burger with a random sauce thrown in.
Overall, I won't recommend this burger unless you are feeling particularly adventuous. Stick with what works McDonald's! I agree with Leek, it was definitely overpriced at a little over $4 for a single burger when I can get a whole Junior Chicken meal for just a few cents more! I think I will stick with the Junior Chicken or the original McChicken. However, for me, eating at McDonald's means eating a super cheap meal, so unless I have those buy one get one free burger coupons they so sparingly mail to you these days, I usually stick with the Value Meals! (Although I have cravings for their chicken nuggets every now and then, hehehe).
No comments:
Post a Comment