I actually got the recipe from BITTERSWEET1 at allrecipes.com, but tweaked it a teeny bit to fit what I had on hand. I like this recipe because they stay in the form of cute little cookies instead of flattening out into huge disks. It stays chewy even after a few days too, and they are definitely a tasty treat. Yummy. After taking it out of the oven, I couldn't help it but to eat half a dozen of them myself! Talk about spoiling lunch!
You only need a handful of ingredients from your cupboards, so it is convenient in that there is no need for an extra trip out to the grocery store (unless of course you are out of something). I halved this recipe and had a yield of about 24 small cookies, so the amount of ingredients called for here should make about 24 regular to large sized cookies!
- 1 cup butter, softened (I used margarine cooled to room temperature)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups quick cooking oats
2. Beat in the eggs one at a time.
3. Stir in the vanilla extract.
4. Combine together the flour, baking soda, and salt. (I did this in a separate bowl)
5. Pour the flour mixture into the margarine mixture and mix until there are no more traces of flour.
6. Mix in the quick cooking oats.
7. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill the dough in the fridge for at least one hour. (Mine stayed in the fridge overnight)
8. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 degrees Celsius).
9. Lightly grease cookie sheets. (I greased one of my batches and not the other, both came out fine, so next time I think I will skip this step)
10. Roll the dough into the desired size. (Mine were about 1.5-2 inches in diameter)
11. Place the dough 2 inches apart on the cookie sheet.
12. Using a fork, slightly flatten each ball.
13. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
14. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring onto a cooling rack. (Important to do this because it is still cooking a little on the hot pan even after it is out of the oven!)
Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as Leek and I. Delicious~
No comments:
Post a Comment